Orion's quest for assistance
Where do you stand?
- Imagine that Earth had been invaded and we had the technology to contact another planet to ask for help. Would you want to take the risk? Would you want to leave if our planet was being destroyed by these invaders who wanted our planet for themselves? What if all other options had been tried, and failed? Would you decide to stay and die here, on your home planet?
- Think about it, are we all there is in the universe? If there is intelligent life beyond our solar system, would someone out there be willing to help us? If we needed it would they give us help, or would they be as we are, and avoid us because of a similar suspicious demeanor. An innate quality that we seem to think has been built into each of us from the very beginning, one that we feel has spread throughout our universe.
- Are we really that naive? In all the vastness of the universe, how can we be the only ones that advanced this far technologically and biologically? Where would we go from here if we indeed needed to go? More importantly, how would we get there? If we had the technology and didn't ask for help, what good would the technology be?
- The people of Orion are asking for our help. They have given us what we need to assist them in their evacuation. In the three years since we first heard from them, nothing had happened, why haven't we done something to help? The politicians are just sitting on their hands and playing around with the paperwork. Something needs to be done. Are we going to just sit here and let them all die?
- How would you respond to a request from beings from another planet if they contacted you for help?